Tuesday 5 July 2011

Step 2: Getting the models ready...

So, I don't like the posing for the Black Reach Orks, which is a bit flat and awkward for me. However, Games Workshop did at least have the decency to sculpt them for easy conversion.



I've moved the arm into a more dynamic forward pose, which wasn't that bad (even for the 25-odd boyz I've done this morning).



With a quick amputation in da Clinik, this boy is ready to have his forearm reattached, facing forwards. It looks complicated, but was quite simple with a wire saw (at around 45 degrees).


Looking meaner already...


Here's a simple Nob conversion that I'd put together before (and has sat around in a box for about a year!). I think the head was from the fantasy Orc sprue, but might be from the 40k Boyz frame. Here's another cross-genre swap...



This afternoon I've finished converting 39 boyz (and some extras on the warboss's bosspole).




Time to start basing, which I think will be wholly sand, and then I'll basecoat with Chaos Black.

2 comments:

  1. Fourth pic... Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him, Horatio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough, that pose was inspired by a Golden Daemon entry I saw, which was entitled "Alas, poor Yarrick"...

    ReplyDelete