Wednesday 13 July 2011

Paintjobz and bigger mobz

Well, as the lovely Rich has said, we had the first skirmish with our embryonic forces...needless to say my boyz came second, but Orks on Orks is a really enjoyable game! The Ladz got stuck in, but were overwhelmed by the sheer number of attacks that a big boyz mob can kick out, and the boyz that charge in get to go first! 


So, some lessons learnt; 

  1. converting a skorcha onto my warboss was a Good Idea,
  2. a battlewaggon with a deff roller is also a good idea, but will do really well against other vehicles - I might want to add a grabbing claw or boarding plank to make sure,
  3. the power klaw on the warboss makes him vulnerable, but I could add some plasticard mega armour to make him more durable.
  4. Ork characters need to have lots of boyz around them, otherwise they get a reet kickin',
  5. Shokk attack gunz are good fun, although warbikes' cover saves are dead handy.


Here's the first five boyz, which took about 3 nights. However, I now have a colour scheme (which looks suspiciously similar to Fil Dunn's from White Dwarf), and might be able to get 5 boyz done over 1 or 2 days painting, which means I could get the ladz done by next Thursday


Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon...


No comments:

Post a Comment